Admitted to practice in New Hampshire & Massachusetts
Areas of Practice:
- Tax abatements
- State tax audit defense
- State and federal tax Law
- Estate planning
- Commercial litigation
- Business law
As a state tax attorney…
John is a recognized authority on New Hampshire state taxes. He served as General Counsel to the New Hampshire Department of Revenue Administration for fourteen years. His expertise includes property tax, business profits tax, business enterprise tax, meals and rooms tax, real estate transfer tax, Medicaid enhancement tax, corporate income tax and issues relating to the practice before the Department of Revenue Administration and Board of Tax and Land Appeals. John represents individuals and businesses in all aspects of state tax law, including audit defense, tax planning, and representation before the Department of Revenue Administration, Board of Tax and Land Appeals, state and federal courts, and local planning and zoning board approval, commercial, industrial and mixed-use site development, sales and purchase transactions, lease negotiation and enforcement, and financing transactions.
As an estate planning attorney…
John maintains an active practice strategizing and implementing estate plans for individuals, including the preparation of wills, trusts and powers of attorney. As an asset protection attorney, John’s strategies include asset protection and estate tax minimization.
As a civil litigator…
John’s civil litigation practice includes representation of individuals and businesses in state and federal courts, as well as administrative hearings before various boards.
As a business lawyer…
John’s business practice includes the structuring and maintenance of business entities, including contract drafting, review and negotiation.
Public Interest and Community Experience:
- Board of Directors, Let It Shine, Inc., Nonprofit Producer of Keene Pumpkin Festival
- Board of Directors, Kiwanis Club of Keene
- Board of Directors, Pathways For Keene, Inc., Nonprofit developer of bike paths and rail trails.
- City of Keene, Bicycle Pedestrian Path Advisory Committee (Chair)
- LL.M., Laws of Taxation, Boston University School of Law, 1996
- J.D., University of New Hampshire School of Law, 1992
- B.S., Business Administration, Plymouth State University, 1986